Learn to Analyze RNAseq Data
The Transcriptome and Genome Analysis Laboratory (TAL) and the Core Facility Medical Biometry and Statistical Bioinformatics are jointly conducting an introductory course on analysing data from RNAseq experiments.
This course has two main aims:
- Theoretical background along with basic statistical concepts regarding each step from data QC to differentially expressed gene lists
- Hands on session using the open source Galaxy platform (web based, gwdg installation) to perform the analyses on publicly available data set sourced from NCBI-SRA
Dates & time line
- Day 1: 2017-03-22, Wednesday, 14:00-18:00 Uhr
- raw data QC
- pre-processing of reads
- read alignment
- gene quantification
- Day 2: 2017-03-23, Thursday, 09:00-14:00 Uhr
- differential gene expression
- downstream analyses:
- functional enrichment using GO terms
- pathway enrichment
- biological network analysis
- Thomas Lingner (PhD) : Transcriptome and Genome Analysis Laboratory (TAL)
- Andreas Leha (PhD) : Core Facility for Medical Biometry and Statistical Bioinformatics
Limited seats available, preference based on first-come-first-served.
- gwdg account
- 200 € per Person
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .